Why do Medical organizations need MBT Consulting?
Of all the human resource related issues that can befall your company, lawsuits filed for not being in compliance with a law is typically the most expensive and the most damaging to your company/practice(s). Even if you “settle out of court,” you still may have.
- Attorney fees
- HR consultant fees to gather information and documents
- Your time, which is counterproductive for the practice
- Your staff’s time
- Stress and disruption to the practice
- Loss of staff and patients because of the distraction
- Loss of staff and patients if the outcome of the EEOC suit is found against you
Of course, there is an answer: prevention. Mary is extremely skilled at helping organizations prevent employee relations issues that have potential to escalate into major complaints. MBT Consulting can provide prevention tools such as:
- Training and development – From Harassment & Diversity training to succession planning and personal development which makes employees feel valued
- Rewards and recognition – Keys to keeping employees happy
- Engaging staff – Employees need to feel engaged at work and a part of the company “family”
- Anonymous hot-line for staff – Provides employees with an outlet for concerns
- Employee Assistance Programs – Provides outside professional assistance for employees in need
- Plus other solutions to help prevent EEOC claims and lawsuits.
However, should an employee relations issue already be out of control, all is not lost. Mary is very knowledgeable on how to successfully diffuse issues. There has never been adverse litigation during Mary’s entire career as an HR leader responsible for compliance and employee relations. But, there can be a time to engage an Employment Law Attorney, and Mary understands when.
Mary has experience with a Medical Service Organization of over 200 practices/facilities working closely with clinical and operations. MBT can provide, deliver and/or manage the following:
- De Novo start ups
- Practice/facility acquisitions
- Recruiting, interviewing, background checks, drug screens, employment contracts for providers
- “Working Interview” program: evaluating on the job before hiring
- Talent retention, turnover reduction: key for maintaining patients!
- Employee relations, corrective actions, terminations
- Compensation including variable pay for providers
- Benefits, providing medical benefits to employees and their families, being compliant with new Affordable Care Act
- Training and development geared for medical industry, CEs
- Interns: to pay or not to pay?
- HIPPA compliance
- Keys to successful morning huddles
From de novos to seasoned hospitals or MSOs with growth or issues needing professional HR guidance, you can trust MBT Consulting to handle it all for you. Give MBT a call to become compliant or to stay compliant and to help prevent lawsuits. Your company is worth it!